Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sneak Peak

I'm still busy making miscellaneous gifts for some secret recipients, so I won't post too many details about my projects. One project I can tell you about is this set of drawstring bags. As a parent, I always have mixed feelings when I either buy or receive a toy that comes in many loose pieces but is otherwise great. My favorite toys are those that come in their own storage container, like these new pop beads my daughter loves. My solution is often to rush to the Container Store for a suitable and appropriately sized box for any new toy liable to leave bits around the house. Our Lite Brite pegs are in a little Tupperware that lives in one of the rooms of my 3-year-old's doll house.

For Chanukah, I'm giving a gift to my niece and nephew that is comprised of 69 pieces. Mind you, I've purchased this same item for my own child, so I do believe the pieces are worth it. But, even though the pieces are not small enough for an infant to choke on, I can't, in good faith, give my sister's kids a gift with no storage option. A sister who, by the way, gave my daughter a set of Little House books in a lovely canvas box from, I believe, the aforementioned Container Store.

Enter the drawstring bag.

I decided to make a drawstring bag to accompany the gift. This bag is great for two reasons, at least.
1. It can house all or some of the pieces when not in use.
2. It is made of leftover fabric that's been lying around since I shortened some IKEA curtains. I love the fabric, and the weight is nice and durable. Perfect for an easy, toy-storage solution.

While I cannot disclose what these bags are for, I can certainly tell you that I think they're really cute. And, I'm psyched that I was able to finally find a good use for some of that curtain fabric. Now I can give my multi-pieced gift in peace.

1 comment:

  1. 69 pieces??!! At least the bag is adorable! Sorry, the gift I am giving my oldest niece has about 600 pieces. (wth a box or two, too).

    ReplyDelete