Friday, July 30, 2010

Thank You Notes

Naomi's note cards are all finished. I love them, all mismatched colors make them perfect for her. And I love that it's a way to use all of her great drawings and share them with family and friends. Of course I saved my favorites in her art box, but the rest have met this fate- being cut into pieces and sewn onto pieces of colored card stock.

I simplified my life this time by only using one color thread. Last time I made cards I changed the thread to contrast with each card. It was sort of worth the effort, but turquoise thread worked for me today.

I tried adding lettering to make a few of these official thank you cards. The little stamps are a total bust. (Sorry to whoever receives that card.) The stencil is promising, but I think in order for it to really work it might be time for me to splurge on that schmancy set of ultra fine point Sharpies I've been eying. http://www.staples.com/Sharpie-Ultra-Fine-Point-Permanent-Markers-Assorted-24-Pack/product-nr_569444?cmArea=sku_pd_box1

Looks like they're on sale--guess I'm going to Staples today...






2 comments:

  1. I love them! Tell Naomi that I think her artwork is great! xxoo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah- I tried these about a month ago with Addisen's artwork. I love them, her family loves them and she loves them. Thanks for the inspiration. Now maybe when Winter Break comes, we can do the fabric canvas sillouettes! Take care.

    ReplyDelete