Monday, April 11, 2011

Tiered Dress: Take Three

This one's for my turqouise loving niece, and was also on that finish-me-before-Passover list. I was hoping to surprise her with it when our family gets together this weekend, and I'm so happy that it got finished today. Yippee!!

The skirt is made just like these, but the top is an Old Navy tank top. It's stretchy and comfortable, and I think will help the dress fit her for a longer time. To dress it up a bit I made two fabric broaches that can be placed individually or clustered on the jersey top.

These make a big difference, and I think it's always fun to be able to change up the look a bit. Here are a few of the fun options:
I can't wait to deliver this! And, in case you're wondering, the yellow square was a personal request by my daughter, she-who-loves-all-things-yellow. With nearly 150 squares in this skirt, why can't one of them be a little different? I think it's a fun surprise, and it will remind my niece how much her little cousin loves her.

No comments:

Post a Comment